|Research||Measurements||Data server||Online||Solar Map of Uruguay|
Solar Energy Laboratory (LES/UdelaR)
Welcome to the site of the Solar Energy Laboratory of the National University at Uruguay (UDELAR)
We are focused in achieving a detailed knowledge of Uruguay’s solar resource. Its spatial and temporal variability is a fundamental input for designing and evaluating solar energy devices and systems.
The following topics are researched or sustained in this lab
- Maintainance of a ground-based solar radiation monitoring network.
- Calibration of radiometers under ISO norms.
- Modelling, including nowcasting, of the solar resource.
- Development and testing of prototypes for solar thermal applications.
- Passive solar techniques for buildings.